Tuesday, August 16, 2011

downgrade from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3

Didn't know what happened to my iphone 4! cannot turn it on the other day. I had to update to 4.3.4 in order to fix it. Nightmare started here. No Jailbreak available for 4.3.4 yet.
tried so many methods that I found online but failed to downgrade to 4.3.3!
Lucky I had saved the SHSH for previous 4.3.3 but still it took me few hrs to figure out the steps~
I forgot how many times I have tried. Yes I did make it finally.

Hope it helps others who got into the same problem~

close itunes

open tiny umbrella. Make sure you have the newest version

connect your iphone

advanced tab > check "request SHSH from cydia"

click save SHSH

It should list all of the SHSH available from cydia.

once that is done, click start TSS Server

open itunes

option+restore or shift restore

point it to the 4.3.3 IPSW

let itunes do its thing

if given an error message, use TU to exit recovery

if that doesn't work, use the latest redsnow, choose install Cydia

Then repeat exit recovery with TU

You should end up jailbroken on 4.3.3 that way

No comments: